Saturday, November 5, 2011

Día de los Muertos

Buenos Días Tod@s

I made my way to the cemetary yesterday to check out the dead person scene in La Reina.  The cemetary is jam packed. I couldn´t walk around without walking over tombs or childrens graves.  It was really erie.  My host mom made a point to hide and come running and screaming at me at one point.  She is lucky I didn´t karate chop her.  Because the actual day celebrated is Wednesday and I went Friday I didn´t get the full experience of all the living people putting flowers on the graves.  But to my defense it was the day after my trip to the campo and I could barely move in the morning. Anyways, here are some of my favorite pics from the graveyard.

I had to climb on top of a double decker tomb to get this pic...
 Larger tomb with no flowers...
 The empty spots are waiting for bodies, but below the dirt there is probably 1 or 2 more tombs...
 Empty spot, taking reservations now...
Flower Power...

I am still alive down here!! Send me some letters.  and Happy Thanksgiving if i Dont get another post in.

Chusitooooo

No comments:

Post a Comment