Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mi Casa

yo yo yo, i just finished pooing into a cup in San Vicente. I have had mad doo doo for the last 4 days but I wont let that keep me down. I got picked up last night to get checked out at the hospital, and trying to explain what is wrong with you to a doctor in spanish is really hard. I think i managed it pretty well, and the Peace Corps responded swiftly.  It was really comforting knowing the peace corps will have my back through thick and thin. anyways enough with the gross stuff.  im sitting in the office waiting for my poo results to come back, so i swooped a computer and decided to upload some pics and vids. if there is anything you guys want to know about my experience that im failing to write about please leave comments with questions. it is hard to cram all the stuff into a blog post.

an hour later...

we got evacuated from the building because someone on the block got dengue fever and they had to fumigate the building.  within that time i got my results back from the lab and i have a bacterial infection in my stomach. i already picked up my antibiotics from the farmacia and am on my way to recovery.

everything has been going great in San Esteban, the people are jsut soo nice and i have been more and more guys that speak a little english.  I am beginning to really mesh with my host mom and it makes the host family experience so much more enjoyable.  i try to keep occupied so my mind doesnt wander back to the states and get lonely. i play guitar for Yolanda, i read, watch her cook, sketch, play in the park, hike, all good stuff. We are starting to get into the normal schedule of training with Mon, Wed, Fri in our community with our spanish teacher doing 8 hours of spenish lessons and Tues Thurs are in the training center in San Vicente listening to charlas and more enomicas (ice breaking games that are good for youth groups). 
I sat down the other night with Yolanda and went through my photo album i brought. she said my family is beautiful and my friends are guapos.  She enjoyed seeing pics of me with long hair. We came across a picture of my dad in the shower with long hair and a beard and she almost fell out of her chair because she thought it was Jesuchristo.  I didnt deny it.  anyways thats pretty much it.

view from the cerro (big hill) in San Esteban...
 streets of San Esteban
 studying...

again, please leave me questions if you have any burning questions or jsut want to know some more details about specific things.

adios,

Jesus

4 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome man! I hope you are eating lots of pupusas for me!

    Meet some guapas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. The views look gorgeous. The picture of you in the hammock shows a portion of the house...looks pretty nice! How are your sandals working out? Comfy? Have you had many mosquito bites? I hope you are over the sickies real soon. I'm sure Yolonda is taking great care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duke wants to know if you found a stray dog to replace him yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a bacterial infection too! Feel your pain. Thought you should know :)

    ReplyDelete